Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Focus and a 10lb Diaper

Ugh! I am feeling a bit like the 3 year olds on our flag football team today – unfocused. I am having a very hard time concentrating on work and forcing myself to really fly through the stuff I have to do. I would so much rather be at home working on my new scrapbook pages. I got a couple of dimensional elements last night at the store after my pedicure. Speaking of which…

I went to a little nail place by the scrapbook store last night and was shocked as I watched one of the ladies that work there bathe her little toddler girl in one of the foot spas. No, I’m not kidding. That was while I got a 10 minute pedicure and a half hour leg rub…??? It was a very odd experience to say the least. It was one of those reminders that there are often very large divides between different cultures.

Anyway, back to football. Jon has really been going over some new strategies and working hard on ways to get the kids focused. He got a coaches board and some new red cones, and has completely reworked what and how he is going to do practice today. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out for the better.

On a different note…

Why can’t ‘they’ make diapers that will actually hold the amount of pee that my toddler can? Two nights in the last week Joci has completely filled and broken the levee of her nighttime diaper by morning time, and yes, I made sure to change her before bed. These things must weigh a good 10 pounds each; I’m just flabbergasted that she could have so much liquid in her. This morning while checking on her before getting in the shower I see she has a huge wet spot on her bed…thank goodness for pee pads. I have to wake her up to take a shower with me so I can get her cleaned up. Now, waking this girl up is a big no-no. You only want to break that glass in emergencies because world war III will begin directly after. I finally get her calmed down and now Joe wants to get in, too. I can just see the minutes on the clock spinning away, faster and faster. Why does it have to take so long to get the kids ready in the mornings? All my best laid plans seem to fail. The only one that I haven’t tried yet is, gulp, getting up earlier myself…ugh. I am so not a morning person. Maybe I’ll try it tomorrow morning, wait, haven’t I said that before?

No comments: