Friday, October 16, 2009

A Year of Slow Cooking

Ok. I am a total Foodie. I love food and looking through recipes, watching the Food Network, and thinking about all the wonderful meals I will cook for my family. The problem is, frankly, follow-through. I get overwhelmed so easily, and with the way our lives are right now, making a big dinner is simply not in the cards. Thus, I often look for recipes for slow-cookers, determined that tomorrow I will put on a crock pot with the most scrumpcious dinner cooking in it all day for my family to enjoy when we get home from work, school, and daycare. And...I get busy and forget until I get to work that I forgot to put the crockpot on, and then we eat on the run or out at dinner, wasting the money that I vowed to save.

That is until I found "A Year of Slow Cooking". I. LOVE. THIS. BLOG. Simply AMAZING recipes on this site, and much more than the typical soups, stews, and casseroles that I can come up with. The author of the blog even wrote a book: "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow" by Stephanie O'Dea. You can buy her book here.

My new goal is to really start using the crock pot much, much more. Especially during the week when we are so busy. I think with AYOSC on my side, I might have an easier time with it. Check out this blog and get some really fantastic slow cooker ideas.

I think the first one I am going to try will be the 20-40 clove of garlic chicken. I even have all the ingredients!

No comments: