Friday, February 20, 2009

Layered Breakfast Casserole

Really great Breakfast recipe thanks to:
http://www.potsandpins.com/blog/2009/02/ham-and-hashbrown-breakfast-casserole.html

Layered Breakfast Casserole
1 bag shredded simply potatoes hash browns
Meat. I used sliced lil smokies because that’s the meat I had. The original recipe calls for ham, but I think you could use already cooked sausage, or whatever else you want.
3 C cheese, I used sharp cheddar but I think Swiss would be good too.
6 eggs
1 can cream of chicken
Dijon mustard (I used mustard powder because I had run out of Dijon mustard)
Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper

In a large casserole dish spray with cooking spray.
Empty entire bag of potatoes and spread along the bottom evenly for your first layer.
Then do a layer of meat. I put a little more than the recipe calls for, so I would suggest you do however much or little you like. This is the second layer.
This is where I would probably add some veggies in the future. I think mushrooms, green onions, or green peppers would be great.
The next layer is all of the cheese, yes all of it, yes it’s a lot, and if you like cheese, heck, throw some more on there.
Whisk the last 4 ingredients together and then pour over the top.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: