Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The London 2012 Olympic Torch

I got to see something earlier this week that I never really thought I'd ever see, the Olympic torch being carried.  The kids and I went down to Bletchley to see the torch relay.  I thought we were going to be late and so we rushed quite a bit to get there only to wait for over an hour, and so the kids were quite a bit bored before all the excitement began.  But, just when we were at our wit's end, the little procession began with big buses and dancers leading the way and then, the torch bearer.  It was amazing and I realized it's something that I had to wait 39 years to see while my children got to see it when they are quite young.  I wonder if they will ever see it again. 

I believe our runner's name was Annie Jankowiak, you can read more about her here.















No comments: