Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!


So, today is Valentine’s Day.  I thought it would be hard, seeing all the couples on Facebook, the commercials, just all the people still in love. (*see below)  It does sting a little, until I realized that Jon and I haven’t really celebrated a Valentine’s Day in a very long time.  In fact, there have been many Valentines Days that he has been out of town.  Now, I see that we really should have made more of an effort at romance, even if it is a silly holiday.  I was never a big one for forced romance or spending money on trinkets when I could get something I really Even that does not upset me.  My Valentines are now, and truthfully have been for a while, my children.  Proof in point.  I got major hugs and kisses this morning from both of them, and Joci even made me a little homemade card, nothing fancy, just a little card that says “Your my Valintine Mom xoxo”.  My heart jumps for these kids.  A little chocolate would be nice, but it’s expensive and honestly, I don’t need it, my doctor would agree.  Flowers are lovely, but they only last so long.  The smiles, hugs, and devotion that my kids shower on me is eternal.  I wouldn’t trade that for anything.  As the three of us start down this little path together I feel like we are a little team.  We may argue and squabble from time to time, but the three of us are going to make it, together. 
Happy Valentine’s Day!

*I haven’t been on my blog for a long while and should probably note that Jon and I have separated.  It’s been about a month now and while I could go on and on oversharing about why we are separated, let’s just leave it at separated.  It’s not always easy, and the kids can act out pushing me a bit to see their limits, and there have been tears, but all in all things are more calm now all around.  And there’s less laundry, and that’s always good!

No comments: