Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cinnamon Apple Bread




I was looking to use up that one last apple that nobody ever seems to want to eat and turn it into something for breakfast for the kids.  I looked at my pins on Pinterest and found a recipe that I thought I'd try.  Turns out it was delicious!  Joseph loves it, and although I had to cajole Joci into trying it, she ended up liking it, too.  I doubled my recipe as the apple that I had was massive.  I was going to freeze one loaf, but the first went a lot faster than I ever thought.

homemadeapple bread

Cinnamon Apple Bread 

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cup AP flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 Cup milk
1 apple, peeled, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°.  Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.  In mixing bowl cream sugar and butter, add eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.  Add the flour, baking powder, and milk.  Mix well.  Pour half the batter in a greased loaf pan.  Top with half the apple, then sprinkle half the cinnamon and brown sugar mix over.  Pour remaining batter in and then the apples and sugar mix.  Bake for 50 minutes.

Used the recipe and photo found here, at The Happier Homemaker.

No comments: