Sunday, March 25, 2018

Starbucks Date Night with the Kids

We had a fun Saturday.  Jon typically has the kids Friday nights and then we meet up on Saturday morning to exchange.  Yesterday we met at a rummage sale for the exchange and to look around, it turned out to be a sad rummage sale, but it was nice to get out and do something a little different.  The kids and I headed home afterwords and then everyone kind of did their own thing.  This has become more and more common as the kids grow older.  It makes me a little sad, but at least I know that I'm not the only one going through it!  Joe had Pokemon league in the afternoon and Joci played with a friend while I kind of picked up around the house.  Later we went to Target for a few things.  First off, though, we needed a little Starbucks pick me up, thanks to a lovely gift card from the holidays!  After a good look around Target, they are rearranging the store so you have to look in every corner, we went and had a few tacos. 
Sure, this sounds like a boring night to most people, but not to me.  My favorite times are when the kids and I just chat about what's going on in our lives, and we giggle and laugh, and joke around making silly fools of ourselves.  It's these times that I know that I am building the foundation of our futures.  I hope they see that they can talk about anything with me, that I'm not scary, that they can share their lives and not fear having those challenging conversations.

No comments: