Friday, April 13, 2018



I’m sure I’ve posted about my Dad and his, ahem, “preaching”, of the Golden Rule somewhere on this blog, but it’s something I’ve come around to often as an adult and parent.  My kids and I talk about the Golden Rule a lot and how it applies to almost every single situation there is.  He used to say that the Golden Rule was his religion, that all religions were pretty much based on it anyway.  He was so right.  One thing, though, that I hope I am teaching my kids is to really appreciate its implications on a daily scale.  You see, my Dad would say it, way back when, and I would think something along the lines of “Yeah, yeah, here he goes again”, I was pretty sure he couldn’t possibly solve my situation with his cliché words.  Of course now, looking back, it did apply and I was a fool to take such wise words for granted.  Maybe, if I’m really lucky, my kids will actually HEAR what it when I say it, maybe…
My Dad’s other favorite saying involved “The Green Eyed Monster”.  Did you know Shakespeare wrote that phrase?
April 10, 2018

No comments: