Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pictures of our new Garden...

I finally have them! The pictures are here!

We finished planting the rest of our little Victory Garden this morning. Thanks to our new neighbor who is a Landscape Artist, who fixed all of our sprinklers, took out a dead tree stump, and even tilled my garden for me so I wouldn't have to, our garden is going to be AWESOME! Today we planted Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Sweet Peppers, Sweet Peas, more Green Onions, Radishes, Summer Squash, Zuchini, Radishes, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Beets, Carrots, and Parsnips. It's a lot, but Jon and I both have the attitude that what grows, grows. We aren't going to stress if something doesn't grow, we'll just learn from it! In our front yard we have a little flower bed, that winds around the side of the house. So, on the side I planted Sweet Onions, Green Onions, and Parsley. Then I put some Basil, Tarragon, and Sage in pots on our little front porch area. I still have a little more area to play with so I am thinking of adding a bit more in the flower beds, too. I did throw a package of wildflowers in a hard to grow area, and they have sprouted nicely next to Joci's petunias.

As you can probably tell, I am really excited. We always had a garden growing up and I loved going out daily and checking to see what had grown. Now, as an adult and a parent, I love that we can grow our own healthy food for our family.

I will keep you posted on how it all goes.

Our garden after planting everything today...










Here are the green onions we have just sprouting in

the side flower beds.

The Sweet Onions in the side flower beds...

The Sage...

The Tarragon...

The Basil...The Daffodils have bloomed...

And the Lillies are coming soon...

No comments: