Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Double Header

We had a really busy day on Saturday.

It all started out with a bit of confusion. Some of us thought our flag football games started at 8am and others thought it was 9am. Some thought we were playing home, and others thought we were playing away. Come to find out, both were right. Apparently, we had been scheduled for a double header and hadn’t realized it. So, first we played the Dolphins, and lost. Then we played the Falcons, and barely lost. I think we would have won the second game, but the boys really started show a lot of fatigue during the second half.

Bye-bye Steelers, Hello Ravens! It’s still hard getting used to being the Ravens when we had been the Steelers for so long. Unfortunately, Arizona seems to be a Ravens hating sort of place. We have not been able to find any Ravens gear in stores except for a couple of hats. So, we are going to have to go online and buy some t shirts to show our support.

After the Raven’s two games, my parents took the kids for the weekend…so wonderful of them. Jon and I hung around the field for a few hours until it was time for the Bears to play. Jon is coaching a 7-8 team because none of the parents were able to do the coaching responsibilities. Although, you wouldn’t know it. There are so many armchair quarterback Dads on that team it makes me crazy having to listen to them on the sidelines. Jon and his assistant coaches all volunteered to coach a team in which none of their kids play because none of the parents on that team could or would step up and do it themselves. They have taken time away from their families and their own team to help out the kids on the Bears, but you wouldn’t believe the amount of criticism these Dads whine about on the sidelines during the game. There have been so many times when I just want to shout at them…”If you think you can do it better, than step up or shut up!”. It’s really frustrating for me. As many of you know, I can be a bit, ahem, outspoken, and so for me to not be able to say anything is almost like torture.

We were at the ball field from 7:30am, till almost 2 in the afternoon. Even with sitting in the shade, I was still sunburned. I took a huge amount of pictures that I hope to get posted on Jon’s blog very soon. We were so tired by the end of the day. It was a good thing my parents took the kids. Jon and I were able to relax and bit that evening.

No comments: