Monday, May 24, 2010

My Kryptonite

I’ve had this on my list of things to blog about for awhile. I’ve kind of had a bit of writer’s block lately, so I went back through an old list of ‘things to blog about’ and picked one to try and get this ball rolling.

Lynn from “For Love or Funny” is a really talented writer and I really liked one of her posts lately on what her Kryptonite is. After sharing her Kryptonite with everyone she put a question out there for all of her readers…”What’s our Kryptonite”.

So, here’s my list of Kryptonite:

1. Underwire bras. Ok, even though you get so much better support with the underwire, they are simply way too uncomfortable for me to wear.

2. Bathroom floors. I hate being barefoot on the bathroom floor, I have to stand on a rug of some sort.

3. Eating whole fish. I can’t eat anything that is looking at me with it’s big dead eye before I have to eat it. Fish filets with the head and tail removed, well that’s ok.

4. Sharks. I am both strangely fascinate by them (can we say Shark Week?), and absolutely terrified that I will be bitten by one. Jaws is one of the scariest movies ever.

5. Pepto Bismol. The color, the smell, the taste, it does the exact opposite of what it should for me, simply because it’s so repellant, to me.

6. High Heels. I know, I know. They make your legs look longer and they are super popular right now. I hate it, though, when you see women wearing them that can’t walk in them and they hurt my feet, bad. Also, I’m 5’8 and don’t feel the need to be any taller. I like flats, especially sandals.

7. Whining. When my kids whine, my brain hurts. The space between my eyes gets tight and contracts. It literally is painful for me to hear others whine.

8. Cigarette Smoke. I’m so happy to live in a state that has many cities that are very strict about smoking. I have never understood why smokers think that just because they are outside, other people won’t be affected by their smelly smoke.

9. The Heat. Yes, I’ve lived in Arizona for most of my life. The summer can get upwards of 120 degrees, so you may wonder how or why I would hate the heat and choose to stay here. The answer is simple…I hate the snow more.

10. Thumping Music from the next car. This is one of my HUGE pet peeves. REALLY? Do I have to listen to your music on my ride home?

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I love this list. The funny thing is that these are a lot of my pet peeves as well.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!! I think I have to copy it...if you don't mind.

Biscuits 'N Gravy said...

Feel free to copy it...Ü