Monday, December 13, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

We had been sick in our house last week. Like, really sick. But, I so badly wanted to do some baking this Christmas and I was worried that being sick, I wouldn't have time to. But, after lots of rest and medicine, and couch-camping, it's time to bake.

First up, Pumpkin Muffins.

Now, let me say that these should be Pumpkin Nut muffins. In fact, I think some salty pepitas or pecans sprinkled on top would be perfect. But, in our house, we don't cook with nuts. Jon hates cooks nuts...and we'll leave it at that.

This recipe is nice and mild. I hope you like it.

Mix the dry:
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 ginger

Mix the wet:
2 eggs
1/3 C buttermilk
1/3 melted butter (not too hot)
1 heaping T molasses
1/2 t vanilla
1 C sugar
1 C pumpkin

After the wet is mixed, add the dry.
Baked at 350 for 25 minutes. Makes 12 medium-large muffins.

No comments: