Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude Assignment


I am grateful for my family. I am the luckiest person in the world to have the most amazing kids, they are beautiful both inside and out. I am grateful that my soon-to-be five-year-old still loves to cuddle with me, and loves to hear me tell him his special story of when he was born again and again. I am grateful that my daughter has an iron will that will serve her well when she is older. I am grateful that she finds joy in the most mundane of things and that she is a ‘little mommy’ at heart and that she lets me try fun new hairstyles with her beautiful hair.

I am grateful that I am married to a man that likes to cook and likes to surprise me with little gestures and gifts all the time. I am grateful that he is a good Dad and that he loves our children.

I am grateful that I have two awesome parents and that they are still alive to spoil their grandchildren rotten. I am grateful for all the help that they provide us, and that they really enjoy spending time with us.

I am grateful that I have a job, even though it is very stressful right now. I know that there are many, many people affected by our nation’s current economic crisis with lost jobs and worse, and so I am grateful that I have a steady income that I can depend on. I am also grateful that my boss allows me to work from home on Fridays so that I can spend more time with my kids and also save some $$$ on babysitter costs.

I am grateful that I am a fairly creative person, and that I have a space all to myself that I can get creative in. I am also grateful that I am able to share so much with all of you, thanks to the internet and all of our technological advances of late.

I am grateful that my friends appreciate me for me, and that I do not have to put on a show for them.

I am grateful that I have become more wise the older I get and that one of the many lessons that I have learned is how to be at peace with my messy house. Ü

Wow, there is so, so much more that I could add to this, it makes me feel great that I took the time to jot just this down. You should try it, too, it really boosts your mood.

Go to http://www.operationnice.com/ for more information. I love this website, and I hope you will too!

No comments: