Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween to You!

With my Dad's medical issues and being so far away from him right now I admit, I have not been in a Halloweeny mood.  Not only that but let's face it, Halloween here is just not what it is in the States.  Not one of my friends kids went Trick-or-Treating, as some of them feel like it is begging for candy and others just don't like it.  Oh well.  I still took my sweeties out for some fun.  We still decorated the house, and bought fun costumes for them to wear.

Some of tonight's highlights:
-Joe's favorite house that we went to was one where two little old ladies answered the door and chatted with them for several minutes.  He kept saying how nice they were.
-Joci's confidence in going up to the door and taking charge in ringing the bell or knocking on the door, and how sweetly, and clearly, she said Trick or Treat and Thank You.
-Both kids racing to the door to hand out candy to the Trick-or-Treaters.
-Joe saying that he was glad it wasn't raining anymore as he didn't want to wear the hood on his Harry Potter costume as he felt that would be out of character and he wanted to avoid that.  Yes, he did say that!
-Joci coming up with a plan to split up our leftover candy between she and Joe as we had loads left over.
-Watching the Adams Family on telly and having Joe jump up off the couch exclaiming "that's Doc Brown from Back to the Future"!
-Jocelyn wanted major red lipstick.  Not very angel-like, but I don't care.  She loved it.
-It was the first time that I have ever been Trick-or-Treating in the rain with an umbrella.
-It was the first Halloween I've ever put my pumpkins on my windowsill to keep the slugs away from them, and they didn't get gross.

All in all it was a good night.  I had fun, the kids had a blast, and even with Jon out of town for this evening, it was a good time for our family.

My sweet little Angel and excited Harry Potter.



This was the first year my kids actually carved their own pumpkins without help. 

Our finished product.
Halloween, October 31st, 2012

No comments: