Saturday, June 18, 2011

London continued...

Here we are continuing our trek through London. There were so many things to see and do and look at. The architecture in London is amazing. It's hard not to stare at all the beauty, actually it was very hard to stop and look as there were more people there than I have ever seen in my life. I can only imagine how the kids felt being constantly toted along in between big people and tucked in and around just to walk on the sidewalks. I have never, in my life, seen so many people and tourists everywhere we went.

So, did you know that Big Ben is just the bell inside the tower (that no one knows the name of)? We are told this every time we tell anyone that we saw Big Ben, even though they never seem to know the name of the actual tower, either. Joci really, really wanted to get close to Big Ben and so I got her as close to it as I could.





This picture is from later, across the Thaymes (pronounced Tims).


Westminster Abbey. I believe the window is from King Henry VIII.

St. James park was beautiful. They had a Princess Diana walk with these markers all over, but, we never saw anything else about her there in the park. On another visit I plan to go to the Kensington area and also see the Princess Diana memorial.

Ooops, sorry about the order of these pictures...this is the front of Westminster Abbey.
There was actually pelicans in St. James park!

The changing of the guards at the Guard's Museum. Did you know their hats are made of bear skin?


2 comments:

sahmnlove said...

loving the pics!!!!

Anonymous said...

The tower that holds Big Ben is called the great clock tower of Westminster. Nice piece, love your spelling of Thames