Friday, January 30, 2009

Visitng with My Good Friend Jody

My very good friend, Jody, was in Arizona (from Wisconsin) for a visit over the holidays. I miss her so much. She's one of those great friends that you don't get to talk to very often, but when you do, it's like no time has gone by at all. She is such a great friend that I feel totally comfortable around her and can completely be myself. She is also a great mentor. When I am facing a difficult situation, either personal or parental, I often wonder what Jody would do.

While Jody was visiting she and her boys, Troy, Carter, Noah, and Hayden, met us at the zoo for some fun. For me it was a great experience to see what is to come from the older boys. and for the kids, it was good for them to be around kids they don't see everyday, and to see me with a close friend.

The animals, I'm afraid, were quite a side-note on our day at the zoo. We were too busy chatting and playing and having fun to really take special notice of them. Next time we'll pay them the attention that they deserve.

A few days later Jody and I were able to get together for dinner, just the two of us. We were able to talk about those things you can't when little ears are around. We closed down PF Changs and even stood outside a bit longer still wanting to chat. I miss my friend. But, somehow, just knowing she's there if I need her helps me to look forward to the next time we can get together.













No comments: