Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a great Easter! We had so much fun!

We dyed eggs, and I got to do something I had always wanted to do...we used the little plastic wrap that you put on the eggs. Then I used my heat gun to shrink the plastic around the eggs. It was so much fun!


Later, Jon pretended he was talking to the Easter Bunny at the door and the kids RAN for bed. Joci was so intent on getting to sleep that she buried her head under her covers.



I woke up really early to hide the eggs, inside and out.



The kids were really excited to follow the little egg trail I made down the stairs leading them to their Easter Baskets. This year I was excited to find that although we cut back on the goodies, it was still as exciting to them as ever.


Then, the hunt was on. I have to say, here, that my kids, well, they aren't the best egg searchers. The do ok, if the egg is, say, sitting out in the middle of the yard on the grass. Otherwise, they have a hard time finding ANYTHING that is even slightly hidden. Hopefully, this will improve more with age.


Later my parent came over to relax and watch the kids play in their Easter clothes. Mom helped me move the kids around for a bit of a photo shoot.

For dinner Jon made a ham and his now-famous macaroni and cheese.
It was a great family day, full of blessings.

No comments: