Monday, April 6, 2009

My Super-Amazing Baby Boy!

My goodness. I am so, so proud of my baby boy! Joseph has been having a bit of a hard time lately. It seems like we need to work even more with him on developing his self esteem. Actually, he reminds me A LOT of me when I was really young. He’s really sensitive and wears his heart on his sleeve, so it is easy to hurt his feelings. Anyway, I think because of this, he has regressed a bit in his flag football progress. It doesn’t help that this season he was moved up from the 3-4 year old class to the 5-6 year old class. He is one of the younger players, and still lacks a little focus, but he LOVES to play. Anyway, this last weekend was their first game. He was so excited and ‘wore his wheels’ that day, but, admittedly, I was a little nervous for him. I didn’t want him to get frustrated with himself for not performing. Boy was I wrong! He did an amazing job! Not only did he carry the ball for a run, albeit a short one, but HE GOT A FLAG! That is a BIG deal! As I took the photo I wondered who it was and then realized it was Joe, I started screaming and waving my hands for him. I was so happy for him and I can tell, already, that it really helped his self confidence. I just love this kid, he is so awesome!

Run, baby, run!!!

Get that flag!

Look Mom! I got the Flag!

No comments: