Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Birthday

For those of you that know me personally, you may be surprised to know how I spent my birthday. We went to the Riparian reserve we have here in the middle of town. Apparently it is a condition of the water treatment plant there to provide and maitain the preserve. We had no idea how huge the reserve was as we have driven by it many times thinking it was more of a park than a reserve.

Our first stop was the library which is right next door. This was the first time for the kids to go to the library, and Joe even got his own library card, he was very proud. The kids each got over ten books, Joe's were mostly Pokemon, and we have been reading some of those books each day since.

After we dropped the books off in the car we went on our little hike. Our first stop was to turtle-watch at the first pond.
Then it was on to the Dino-Dig. What a great idea! The reserve buried some dinosaur fossils under a big sand box and invite the kids to dig up the fossils. Joci is the one that first spotted the fossils where the kids, and Jon, dug.
Joe was thinking that they were keeping the dinosaurs in this shed. It was pretty funny because he seemed to be excited and terrified at the prospect.
After they dug up the dinosaur fossils we headed out for our little hike. We saw lots of ducks...
I took lots of pictures...
Joci was NOT very happy about being put up in the tree...

But, she thought it was fun to pose for this picture...
We took a couple of minutes to relax next to one of the ponds, little did we know Joci had a bad ear infection.
I took this awesome picture of a cactus blossom...

Joe was excited to find some lillypads and wanted me to take a photo of them...
It was a great little hike.
After the hike we went to my favorite Sushi place, Temari. I had a paradise roll and a pearl roll, my personal favorites. Then they gave me one of their new rolls, sorry I don't remember the name, with a little birthday candle in the wasabi. It was so much fun, even though the kids were not interested at all that night. So we were generous on the way home and they got McDonalds.
Joci is learning how to use chopsticks...
Joci liked to dip the edamme in soy sauce.

No comments: