Monday, March 1, 2010

Sick Again!

Jocelyn has been sick again! This time, luckily, it hasn't affected her breathing and asthma. But, her glands are so swollen, she has a fever even with Tylenol, and she's been laying around a lot more, which is REALLY not like her. You can see it, a bit, in this picture. Her rosy cheeks and sore eyes. Here her fever is 101.6.

Her pediatrician is sending us to an allergist to do some allergy and immune testing to see what is going on with her and why she is almost constantly getting sick.

Today she was swabbed for strep. The quick strep test came back negative, and if the one they send out also comes back negative, we will then have to have her tested for Mono!

I tell myself that we are lucky. In the grand plan of it all, she does not have a life-threatening disease or a disfiguring injury. I know that we are giving her the best care we can, and that we are so lucky to have the amazing medical insurance and coverage that we do. But, my heart literally hurts with worry as I watch her struggle through one infection after another. As I sit up at night with her, rocking her in my arms while she complains how badly her throat is hurting, I want to cry. Instead, I stroke her hair and tell her how much I love her.

Worry, worry, worry. I had no idea that I would worry so much as a parent. I had no idea that I would feel so helpless at times or clueless about what to do. I'm hoping that we have some answers soon, but I am also trying not to get my hopes up and pin all my expectations on that appointment coming up soon.

No comments: